This eLearning resource package contains more than 10 hours' worth of content on the core principles of environmental law, which were identified by environmental law teachers across the Asia as resources they need to enhance their teaching. It includes a range of materials, primarily intended for face-to-face teaching, that can be modified and customized for online teaching. The following topics are covered in separate 1 hour modules:
- Responsibility Not to Cause Environmental Damage
- Principle of Cooperation
- Principle of Prevention
- Sustainable Development
- Principles of Sustainable Use and Integration
- Intergenerational Equity and Intragenerational Equity
- Common but Differentiated Responsibility
- Precautionary Principle
- The Polluter Pays Principle
- Public Participation
Each topic includes:
- an introductory video with an overview of the content and commentary on how to approach the teaching of that topic.
- Powerpoint slides that can be downloaded and customized
- Module Notes with learning activities and a list of other resources.
This has been moved as a certificate course on ADB E-Learn. Contact the trainthetrainersasia [at] gmail.com (Train-the-Trainers Team) for any questions or feedback.