This is the launch of the Legal Education Board’s 12-week Environmental Law Teachers Online Training Program in support of its Revised Model Curriculum of the Basic Law Program (RMLC), which has provided for the mandatory teaching of environmental and natural resources law as a non-core subject in all Philippine law schools.
The launch will be a two-part event beginning at 9 AM and ending at around 10:30 AM. The first part consists of inspirational messages, overview of the training, its objectives, and schedule. The second part is a brief discussion of the model curriculum for environmental law, followed by an interactive Q and A with participants and will end feedback session.
- 9:00 AM: Introduction, Prayer, and Video Presentation
- 9:05 AM: National Anthem and Video Presentation
- 9:10 AM: Message from the LEB Chair - Chairperson, Atty. Anna Marie Melanie Bacani-Trinidad
- 9:15 AM: Message from ADB General Counsel - ADB General Counsel, Thomas Clark
- 9:20 AM: Inspirational Message - Chief Justice Reynato Puno (ret.)
- 9:25 AM: Message from UN Environment Programme - Dr. Georgina Lloyd
- 9:30 AM: Message from IUCN Academy of Environmental Law - Atty. Rose Liza Eisma-Osorio
- 9:35 AM: Message from EnviLaw Faculty - Prof. Galahad Pe Benito
- 9:40 AM: Overview and Short Presentation - Dr. Jonathan Liljeblad
- 9:45 AM: Training Objectives and Schedule - Atty. Maria Romina Gumal
- 9:50 AM: Message from Atty. Antonio Oposa Jr. - Atty. Antonio Oposa Jr.
- 9:55 AM: BREAK
- 10:00 AM: Discussion on the Model Curriculum - Dr. Jonathan Liljeblad
- 10:20 AM: Q and A Moderator - Matthew Baird
- 10:25 AM: Feedback Moderator: Matthew Baird
- 10:30 AM: Closing Message: Commissioner Josefe Sorrera-Ty
- End of session