Wanida obtained her Bachelor Degree in law (LL.B) and Master Degree in law (LL.M – Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure) from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand. She began her career as a lecturer in law at Mahasarakham University in 2004, where she has been interested in law and natural resource management. Then, Wanida pursued her further studies by doing Ph.D in law from the University of New England, NSW, Australia. Her research interests are environmental law, natural resource management, and taxation law. She has conducted research on forest governance and waste management, FLEGT and EIA. Currently, her research focuses on legal mechanisms for environmental preservation and opportunities for incentive providing for natural resource management.
- 2010-2013: PhD (Australian Centre for Agriculture and Law (Aglaw Centre), School of Law, the University of New England, NSW, Australia)
- 2001-2004: Master of Law (Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand)
- 1997-2001: Bachelor of Law (Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand)
Books and Book Chapters
- Phromlah, Wanida and Martin, Paul, ‘REDD+ implementation in Thailand – legal and institutional challenges' in the Search for Environmental Justice, Martin et al. (Eds), Edward Elgar Publishing (2015), pp. 137-157.
- Kennedy, A.L., and Phromlah, W., ‘Behavioural strategies to support climate change resilience’ in Critical Issues in Environmental Taxation, Kreiser et al. (Eds.), Edward Elgar Publishing (2011), pp. 79-98.
- Wanida Phromlah, “Community Involvement in Monitoring Carbon Stock: the Possibility for REDD+ Implementation in Thailand” Journal of Politics and Governance, College of Politics and Governance, 7(2) 2017
- Wanida Phromlah, Thawatchai Pongsri, Sakchai Soontornthanapirom, “Politics of Sustainable Forest Custody of Right to Wood: Accession and Limitation of Timber Chain of Custody” Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mahasarakham University, Special Issue September, 2016, pp. 12-19.
- Phromlah, Wanida and Hung, Luong Quang, ‘FLEGT Implementation- the possibility for Thailand' in “Proceedings of Conference: The 3rd International Conference on ASEAN Connectivity: Current Issues and Future Prospects towards ASEAN Community.: College of Politics and Governance (COPAG), Mahasarakham University”, Sida Sonsri. (Eds), Apichart Printing, Mahasarakham, Thailand (2015), pp.203-208
- Phromlah, Wanida, ‘Country Report: Thailand-Potential Conflict arising in the context of REDD+ implementation in Thailand' (2014) (5), IUCN Academy of Environmental Law, 261-269.
- Phromlah, Wanida, ‘Country Report: Thailand-Recent Developments in Forestry Rights in Thailand' (2013) (1), IUCN Academy of Environmental Law, 240-251.
- Phromlah, Wanida, ‘Country Report: Thailand-Recent Developments of Forest-Related Law' (2012) (1), IUCN Academy of Environmental Law, 219-227.
- Phromlah, Wanida, ‘Plea bargaining in Criminal Case related to VAT’, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mahasarakham University, Volume 24, issue 2 April - June, 2005, p 76-98.
- Wanida Phromlah, Thawatchai Pongsri, Sakchai Soontornthanapirom, “Accession and Limitation of Timber Chain of Custody for the small farmers: the reflection for equitable and sustainable forest management", Klungwicha Publisher, Bangkok, 2017