Environmental Fields of Interest
- Water Laws
- Sanitation and Waste Management Laws
- Sakthivel,P. “Water Supply: Law and Governance in Chennai” in R.K.Mishra and Samanta Sahu (eds) (Allied Publishers, New Delhi, 2011) p 54-62
- Sakthivel, P “Efficacy of Indian Legal System to Deliver Water Justice” 4 ALUJ (2012) p 164-182.
- Sakthivel P, Amirthalingam S and Starkl M, “A study on Law Relating to Groundwater Recharge in India” Rostrum : 2014)
- Sakthivel P. “Farmers’ Rights under International Law: An Overview” International Journal of Education, Technology and Social Media Vol III Number 1, p 185- 188
- Brunner, N.; Mishra, V.; Sakthivel, P.; Starkl, M.; Tschohl, C. The Human Right to Water in Law and Implementation. Laws 2015,4, 413-471
- Brunner, N.; Starkl, M.; Sakthivel, P.; Elango, L.; Amirthalingam, S.; Pratap, C.E.; Thirunavukkarasu, M.; Parimalarenganayaki, S. Policy Preferences about Managed Aquifer Recharge for Securing Sustainable Water Supply to Chennai City, India. Water2014, 6, 3739-3757
Sakthivel Ponnusamy teaches at the Tamil Nadu Dr.Ambedkar Law University, India since August 2006. He has Masters in History (2002) and International Law and Constitutional Law (2004). His PhD focused on irrigation Laws from farmers' perspectives (2017). He teaches environmental law and human rights courses.